Call to Artists
4th Annual SOBO Arts Festival – A Boyne City Main Street Event – June 29th
You are invited to submit your application to be an exhibitor in the 4th annual SOBO Arts Festival being held in Peninsula Beach Park—downtown Boyne City, Michigan. The festival is always held the last Saturday in June offering peak visitor traffic prior to the 4th of July holiday.
Peninsula Beach Park provides ample lawn and open space on the shore of Lake Charlevoix, voted 2nd best inland lake in the entire nation. Events for children, artist demonstrations and music blend with the juried art fair to create a true celebration of the arts.
Media: Painting, Graphics, Pottery, Fiber, Mixed Media, Photography, Glass, Wood, Jewelry and Sculpture.
Eligibility: Exhibitors will be selected on the basis of orignality, artistic conception and quality workmanship.
Entry must be received by June 1, 2013
Show Date & Time: 9am – 5pm, June 29, 2013. No rain date.
Place: Peninsula Beach Park, Front Street next to the Harborage Marina
Fees: $50 – After June 1, $75. Non refundable after acceptance. (*$20 jury fee, refundable or applied to the booth fee) *includes 1 juried medium additional media juried at $15 each
Demonstration Artists’ Prominent Booth, double space
Performance time 1-2 hours.
Awards: Presented the day of the show
Booth Size: 10’ x 10’
Formats: We accept digital formats images and photos only!
Deadline: All applications must be received by June 1, 2013
Notification: You will be notified of acceptance and pertinent information will be provided prior to the show.
Cash Prize: People’s Choice $500 & Best Booth Design $250
For more information please call 269-832-0496.
1. Only artists accepted by the SOBO Arts Festival Committee, approved through the Jury Process, will be allowed to participate. (See Rules on the application.)
2. Spaces will be numbered and exhibitors must stay within the space allotted. Subletting, selling or giving space to anyone beyond this agreement will not be permitted.
3. Only Artist displaying their own original work may participate unless otherwise negotiated with the SOBO Art Festival Committee.
4. Artist or artist representative must be present with their work for the entire duration of the Festival.
5. No booth or display may be dismantled or removed from its assigned space prior to 5pm on Saturday, June 29, without permission from the SOBO Committee.
6. Cancellation deadline is June 1, 2013